Sorry it's been a whole month. I know you've all been diligently checking daily for updates, only to have your little hearts crushed with the bitter disappointment of knowing you couldn't take a little peek into the exciting life of the Mackays. Now that you've been able to compose yourselves, I think a few vacation pictures would be in order. Yes? OK, if you insist.
We got back (last night) from our Grand Tetons and Yellowstone camping trip. Apparently Grand Tetons is French for "The Tetons." Go figure.
Anyhow, we had a great time seeing the abundant wildlife and driving and hiking all over both parks. This trip was monumental for me because I (like many of you) have been to Yellowstone and only saw herds of Elk (Wapiti for you Indo-linguists) and fuzzy bison. Time after time I've wanted to see the elusive Smokey, Bullwinkle, or Akela. This time the wildlife viewing gods smiled upon us and gave unto us a wildlife show like no other. Moose, Grizzlies, and even a wolf.
Ok, you caught me, that was David. Here's the real animal.
We are so cool. Not like Chuck Norris cool. We're probably a little better than Miley Cyrus cool, but definitely more cool than a David Hasselhoff 18 month calendar.
The kids loved throwing rocks in the river, seeing waterfalls, and playing with cousins. Kim's favorite part was driving through Thayne, Wyoming. For a small giggle, we were all able to say that at least temporarily, we were InThayne. Totally, InThayne. Waaaaay InThayne. Yeah, the jokes got that bad, but it wasn't as bad as the "Lazy B" motel jokes that surfaced after driving through Afton, WY.



This was a great trip! We hope we can get some rest before our next one! We've got to get in all the vacation we can before Seminary starts!!

6 comments:
Looks like a great trip. You were almost in our neck of the woods. We are in northeast utah, right on the border of wyoming. We love Yellowstone and the tetons too. It is beautiful
Man, it's been forever. Felicidades on your numero cuatro! Always great to see great people doing great. I just stumbled upon this on Chad's new fiuccoti and thought I'd better check it out. Brings back fond memories of partying in a small wymount apartment.
How fun! We haven't been to Yellowstone for years...The wildlife viewing seems awesome! It is so fun to see what you guys have been up to!
Thanks for the amazing trip Evan & Kim. We loved hanging with you around the camp fire. We love the pictures. Hope you're well rested for an awesome time in Hawaii! Aloha
Goodness sakes! What a trip. That is the magical stuff childhood is made of. We sure miss you guys. But then I think of you going to hawaii in a week and then I hate you. So it all balances out. Great post!
What a fun trip! It is very tiring to vacation for very long. We hope you can get nice and rested before your next adventure! Your kids are so cute too!
Post a Comment